HomeBuilder provides eligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant of $25,000 to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home. To find out more please visit https://treasury.gov.au/coronavirus/homebuilder
To be eligible for the HomeBuilder scheme, you must:
– Be an Australian citizen aged 18 years or older and be an individual, not a company or trust.
– Be on an income of less than $200,000 for couples, and $125,000 for singles.
– Be spending between $150,000 and $750,000 on a renovation for a home that has been previously valued at less than $1.5 million.
– Be building a new home worth less than $750,000 (this includes land value).
– Crucially, the tax-free grant will apply to all owner-occupiers – not just first home buyers.